Friday, July 4, 2008

God Bless America!

This was such a wonderful fourth of July! We were sad at first since most of my family is out of town and we knew we would not have much to do but it turned out to be a great day! I so love just hanging out with my kids and hubby. We worked on our house, or should I say hubby worked on our house. We have got so much painting to get done! It will be worth it when we are done, just feels like the never ending project when you are starting.

We had a surprise on our front porch when we arrived at the house. On one of the poles a momma bird had built her nest and had babies! The kids were so interested with the little baby birds. Every time they peeked at the little birds they had their mouths wide open!

After working hard all day we cooked out and went swimming. The kids would swim in 70' weather if we let them! The kids wanted to shoot their own fireworks this year and not go watch a local display. We took them to the fireworks stand and picked out a few small things but you would have thought we bought them the biggest and best things there were. They were so excited!

We came back home to our house and lit everything in the package. They kids clapped and laughed and had the best time. Ethan kept saying it was the best summer ever! Scarlett and him were so funny! They just loved everything. Even the simple things like smoke bombs were a hit! It is so nice that $30 and a lighter can be "the best summer ever". Some how I do not think it will always be that easy to entertain those two. I think hubby and I enjoy hearing them squeal with excitement more than anything. Just seeing your kids happy is worth everything! I would trade everything I had if it meant always hearing them laugh and have fun. If only it were that simple...


Now the last firecracker has been lit, my kids are showered and in bed.. I am TIRED! I am going to get some sleep. Tomorrow is a new day.

Hope you all had a safe and wonderful 4th of July! May God always bless you!

3 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Michelle, Thanks for commenting on my blog. I see you and Leigh Anne are friends. Did you go to OBU also? I have girlfriends from when I was in kindergarten! Gotta love 'em!

Your kids had a hey-day with the firecrackers...how much fun is that? They are building memories everyday! They are so cute!

Leigh Ann said...

Glad you got to have some fun after all your hard work!

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a GREAT 4th! I love the picture with the kids and their fireworks...they look so happy! I also love the one with the sparklers!!!!