Friday, July 11, 2008

The joys of Summer



You probably think that all we do is swim, and we do swim A LOT! I haven't posted because I have gotten so bad about taking pictures! I got so used to Hayden's mom and her camera that I have become a slacker! Nancie emailed me lots of pictures this morning from our swim parties this week (Thank you, Nancie) so I can post. I think I will have to have a refresher course on how to use my camera!

Monday night we had the baseball team over for a end of the season swim party. They had a blast. These little boys are so funny! I am going to miss not seeing them all every week. They swam and ate and had a great time. Ethan was sad to see everybody go home. After the party ended and we cleaned up.. my kids went swimming again. I think they stay in the pool for hours if I let them.





After our party on Monday night, we swam Tuesday afternoon with some friends before going to my softball game. I have decided that 6:30 ball games are way too hot when you are my age! or any age for that matter. I have two more games left, I am actually ready for this season to be over.

Wednesday night the we took the kids to Aaron's birthday party, which was another swim party. This pool had a slide! They were in heaven. A twisty slide is so much fun. They are going to try to talk their nana and papa into getting them a slide on their pool. They had a lot of fun at the party. I was able to hang out with Nancie and Tonya and that is always fun. Hubby has made him a new friend in Hayden's daddy and he is so happy. He has lived here in Arkansas for a LONG time now, but still has few friends. His friends are all in Tennessee. He does not talk a lot and rarely opens up to people but he has so enjoyed talking with Hayden's dad. He told me he rarely met people he just genuinely liked. So, I am thinking Harold must be pretty special! :)


Don't you love cupcake mouth! ha! They had orange icing all over their mouths.. they tried to clean up before the picture was taken but there is still evidence of a very good cupcake.


We have had a great week. I think this whole weekend will be filled with painting and whatever else comes with a house you have to fix up before moving. :( I am ready to put on my work boots and just do it! I will be missing a all day scrap that I really, really need to attend. I am so behind on my scrapbooking. I hate when I get this behind. I got the cricut for my birthday (in December) and have yet to use it! Hopefully soon I will get caught up and get busy.

2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Who does not love a good pool party, and with a twisty slide...they are the BEST!!

Is your husband from TN or does he just have a lot of friends there? You should come visit!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Looks like FUN, FUN, FUN!