Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day Trippin' to Memphis...

This week is Spring Break and we are SO EXCITED! When you homeschool there are times that seem to drag on! Working with a Pre-K and Kindergarten child be overwhelming some days but we have a lot of fun!!! But this week was all about FUN! On Wednesday morning we headed to Memphis to go to the zoo. I have wanted to take the kids for a while and my cousin Kristy and her little boy, Carson, agreed to go with us, so off we went! We had the best day! That zoo is amazing! We saw Panda Bears, Penguins, Polar Bears, and Sea Lions. Ethan even decided to take a dip (ha! he was pretending to be swimming with the Sea lions!)

Carson is almost two but you would have thought he was the same age as the kids! He would run as hard as he could just to keep up with them. And NAP??? No way! He stayed awake the whole way there and home.

I love hearing the kids laugh from the back of the van. Even when you have no clue what they are laughing about. At one point Kristy turned around to see what was so funny.. and Carson was throwing and spitting gold fish everywhere! OOPS! Oh well, nothing a quick vacuuming of the van won't fix.

I would send hubby text message pictures all day and he definitely wished he was there to join us in our fun! We did too, we missed having him there with us. But after having so much fun, I am sure we will go back again real soon.

After four hours of walking around the zoo and chasing three kids we headed back to Little Rock. What a great day! :) Hope all of you on Spring Break are having a great time!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

How fun! We have never been to the Memphis zoo, but I think you have made me want to take the kids! Kristy's Carson is soooo cute, which I knew he would be because she is so beautiful. And, I LOVE Scarlett's hair. It is adorable!

Rachel said...

You went where and didn't call your friend that lives there?
Well! I'm just kidding, I know you have limited time and honestly I was working so, I can't really complain. But, you do have a friend that lives in the Memphis area and an open invitation to come spend the night with your kids, and go to the zoo or wherever else you want to go.