Thursday, March 20, 2008

Baseball, Basketball and Pizzas! Oh MY!

Ethan had his first baseball practice today and I think I was more excited than he was. I could not wait to see him hit and catch the ball. The pitching machine was fierce! Balls seemed like they were flying in a 100 MPH and the mom in me wanted to run out there and push him out of the line of fire.. but the baseball lover in me wanted him to hit the ball even more than that. So I sat and watched and waited and watched several swings that were aimed for pitches way to high for him. And then it happened.. he hit the ball and he hit it hard. From that time on it was like he found his groove and he was doing very well. I could not have been more proud!
With all the batting going on and since I volunteered to be team mom (I swore I wouldn't do it.. but it was just too tempting) I was a little distracted. I knew Scarlett had gone out on the empty field beside me and was "running" the bases. Imagine my surprise when I turned around and this is what I saw! Such a happy little girl! Notice the "coy" wave and smile as she is standing ankle deep in a puddle of mud! I wanted to get mad but could really only laugh at this point. You can thinka her daddy for the love of mud and water! "Mudbowl 2008" would have been a favorite of hers. Practice was over at 7:30 and we were off to complete our Annual March Madness Pizza Party!

The art of making pizza's is a very delicate thing and hubby has mastered it! From the homemade crust to the homemade sauce he makes some of the best tasing pizzas! I love it! but he only cooks them once a year and that is the first night of the NCAA tournament. Here is hubby with one of five pizza's he made this evening. Yum! Yum! and we had lots of left overs. We invited my nephew, Mitchell, over to spend a couple of nights with us while he is out of school on Spring Break and this is how Ethan, Scarlett and Mitchell spent the evening. Curled up in the "big chair" watching basketball. Tomorrow I will post pictures from our afternoon at Alltel Arena watching the NCAA teams practice but for now.. I am off to bed! Having "three" kids has worn me out for the week!!!!

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

That is pure joy on Scarlett's face! I'm glad Ethan had a great first practice. That will be fun that you and he both love the sport together. I didn't know Jack was quite the chef! Send him over here!