Wednesday, March 19, 2008

EGG-Cellent Fun!

We decorated eggs! What fun! I dread this each and every year because of the huge mess it makes. Normally I am all for my kids making a big mess, but something about eggs and dye just is not my cup of tea! They each get a dozen eggs, five coffee cups of colored water and go at it! They will sit in the kitchen floor for two hours dipping and redipping these 12 eggs. They mix colors, and try again. You would think there was a top secret science experiment going on in my kitchen. Scarlett refuses to use the egg dipper that comes with the packages and just likes to use her hands. Which, I must tell you that Easter egg dye is HARD to get off of little hands. After trying for what seemed like an hour I gave up and decided that her nails may be trimmed in green for quite some time. I remember thinking it was such great fun to dye eggs! Oh how the times have changed! I hope the rain lets up long enough for the ground to be dry this weekend for Easter egg hunts! That is the best fun! I still have to finish shopping for Easter outfits. I am usually so on top of it but this year I have been a bit lax. Ethan told me he did not really want to wear "the diamond stuff" again this year! Which means my big six year old may finally feel that he is too old for argyle! I hate that! He looks so cute in the little argyle sweater vest and matching socks. Hopefully he will relent and I can talk him into just one more year of "the diamond stuff"!

After all the cleaning of my kitchen I was exhausted and decided that I would just run to McDonalds for dinner. That makes my kids very happy! Hubby.. not so much! But he accepted and placed his order just like the kids and I was off. The Happy Meals have princess toys right now and Scarlett got a new crown! Just what she needed. I guess it should be said that a girl can never have too many crowns.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Hope you are able to stay dry! It seems like the only way for that to happen is to stay inside!

I am off to get ready for guest. I am watching one of Ethan's little friends today since school is out. Pray for me!

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

We are dying eggs this weekend. Should be fun. Evan is wearing "diamond stuff" again this year. That cracked me up! I loved seeing the pics of the kids with their cousins. Sorry you missed girls' night though! We missed you!