Monday, December 1, 2008

Just another Manic Monday...

...I wish it was Sunday, that' s my fun day, my "I don't have to run day"... Okay, so maybe The Bangles said it first, but I feel like I am living it! I looked up the definition of manic. and it said in a state of MANIA! Ha! Like the State Farm commercial says, "That is SOOO where I am."





Our floors are almost finished! Yeah, I am so excited! So, do you think I can get moved, finish Christmas shopping, work way too much the next two weeks, attend Christmas parties, go to Nashville, AND do all the other day to day activities between now and December 25th????? Not to mention get a house decorated for Christmas and all the boxes unpacked??? Sounds easy, huh? Now I understand why I am in a state of mania!!! I do not like being stressed, I do not like feeling anxious or in a state of panic constantly and that is definitely where I am at. What to you do to unwind? What do you do to help you relax? I will try anything, so far nothing is working and I literally feel like I am on the verge of a panic attack every second lately. It is a very bad feeling, and a new one to me! I don't generally feel stress, so this is getting to me.



On a good note, our floors are looking great. Going from the very dark house we purchased to the nice vibrant house it is becoming, I am excited. Here is the first post I did about the "Angry Old House" and here are a few pictures from our currently "happy, newly facelifted, almost there" house.



This is where we started and sometimes when I feel down about how much more we want to do I just take a look around at all that we have done and feel really good. :) I need to go take another picture from this angle. The room looks totally different with those cabinets down and that wall removed; not to mention all the painting that was done.

This is our entry way, and a new light fixture and new door at on our list of things to get in the near future as soon as we "the rest of the things" in place. Yes, that is a basketball goal hanging from the front door. The kids had to have something to entertain themselves while we have been there working. While hubby and I have been busy working, Ethan and Scarlett have been the real troopers. They have been up there for countless hours, with nothing much to do and NEVER complained! They deserve an extra special treat.



This is looking down the hallway to the bedrooms. The blue tape will be removed. :) Everything was taped off to paint the trim. We were buying KILZ in the 5 gallon buckets! and we bought a lot of the 5 gallons buckets!

I feel like the Mastercard commerical:

Over 60 gallons of paint: $1000

New floors: $5000

Being in your "new" house for Christmas: PRICELESS!!!

SO, the next couple of weeks will be busy, busy for us, but we are working as a team and I am sure we can get it all done if we work REALLY hard! I just hope in the meantime my stress level, or panic level lowers. I wish I had a EASY button right now! or a big red panic button! :)

Hope you all have a great week! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

3 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Oh Michelle...I SOMEWHAT know how you feel! I often think about all the "things" I need to get done. However, on Sunday Father James said something in Mass that was a good reminder...we should live in the day instead of worrying about tomorrow. One thing I have found that works well for me is taking "it" a task at a time, deep breaths, a little chocolate, and a lot of prayer. The best thing is that you have a wonderful family to help you through :)!

The house looks GREAT!!! I have decided that even though we won't be celebrating Christmas at our new house, it will be a GREAT way to start the new year ;).

Can you e-mail me your mailing address?

Michele said...

What an awesome Christmas present!!!

Leigh Ann said...

It's looking fantastic Michelle! I know you have to be so excited (underneath all the stress). :)