Friday, December 5, 2008

TGIF and other fun things!

Have you gotten out your Christmas music yet?? I get made fun of every year by hubby about my favorite Christmas CD. I listen to this CD from the beginning to end every year all through December. Traditional? Definitely not. It is the Mariah Carey Merry Christmas CD. I LOVE IT!

I am normally not a big Mariah fan, but I fell in love with this CD many years ago. I have had to buy many copies, as they have been lost or broken, or just simply quit playing. Now with ITUNES it was so easy to just put the CD on my IPOD and I am set for many years to come. :) Another one of my favorite Christmas songs is "Last Christmas" by Wham. Something about that song when it comes on the radio, I can't change the station! I sing it out loud! and yes I am more than made fun of for that song. I also like some traditional songs. I love to hear "O Holy Night" being sung. That song is amazing and you can get lost in the song. I just love Christmas music! I have a whole new playlist on my IPOD just for Christmas tunes. What about you? What are you favorite Christmas songs, or CD's?




Now about the real life every day sort of things....
Ethan had his first basketball practice last night and he had a great time! He is so looking forward to adding one more sport to his list of things to do. The coach seemed really laid back and "chill" as Ethan put it, so I think that will be good. We had five boys at practice and they all listened and practiced really hard.
After practice we ran by Kroger to pick up something for dinner and we ran in to Santa Claus! Yes, Santa and his elf were wandering around Kroger passing out candy canes and talking to all the kids. My first thought was "EWW!" but the kids really believed it was Santa! They were so excited. Leaving Kroger they had me drive all around the store to see if we could see his sleigh. I finally had to convince them that it was on the rooftop. After we left Kroger we went to the house and Scarlett helped me peel off that old blue painters tape! YUCK! We were quickly relieved of our duties when hubby came in and told us HE Planned on doing that and WE were not doing it right. Okay, fine with me! I didn't like peeling the ol'yucky tape off anyway! Scarlett on the other hand was upset that she didn't get to "help". Let me tell you I have PLENTY of things to do at the old house that will need her help. So, today, I am putting these kids to work.

Hope you all have a great weekend! We will be busy moving! Yeah! We are hoping to move the big things in on Monday/Tuesday. I can't wait!



4 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is too, too, too exciting ;)!

I just love that Ethan is all about some sports ;)!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping your move goes smoothly. How wonderful you'll be in before Christmas.

Leigh Ann said...

I LOVE that Mariah CD. When we bought it, it was on casette! LOL! It is an oldy but goody for sure. O Holy Night is probably my very favorite Christmas song. I can't hear it without crying!

Your house is looking amazing. I'm sorry you are a bit stressed, but it will be over soon and you will be wondering what to do with all your free time. Right?! Hugs!

Lindsay-ann said...

Wishing you all much happiness in your new home. Hope all has gone well with the move.
We have had Christmas music on for the past week or so. I don't really have a favorite track. I need the music on to make feel feel Christmassy.
Best Wishes
Lindsay