Friday, December 12, 2008

My Christmas Faves...

I saw this on Megan and Leigh Ann's blog and thought it was cute so I decided to list my Christmas "meme", too. :)



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am a horrible wrapper. I love the look of wrapped Christmas gifts, I love ripping paper off of gifts, but I must admit I use gift bags because they are easier. If every place would wrap my presents for me, them all my gifts would be wrapped.



2. Real tree or Artificial? This was the first year I had even thought of getting a real tree and I really wanted a real tree.. but the answer to the next question is the reason we always have an artificial tree...

3. When do you put up the tree? The week before or the week of Thanksgiving. I love having my house decorated for Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the weekend after New Years. Must have the tree still up for New Years Eve, makes me feel more festive! ha!

5. Do you like eggnog? Never tried it, but the name and the thought of it makes me a little queezy so I don't think I will try it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I think I had the most fun with my Merlin. Do you remember those? I thought that was the coolest handheld game. My how electronics have changed!

7. Hardest person to buy for? I don't like buying for adults. Most of them have everything they need and want so it is hard for me to come up with a good gift.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Ethan and Scarlett are easy, I hear everyday what they want.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we have one on our fireplace mantle and we also have a Little People nativity scene. I love it!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, definitely.. speaking of.. I better get busy!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I actually can not remember anything that just made me laugh out loud.. oh wait.. yeah, I can.. but like Megan, I am not going to call that person out. :) Hubby and I had a great laugh over it!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hands down, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If I find "the gift" and I can afford it I get it no matter what time of the year it is.. but if not I definitely start shopping the day after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have regifted duplicates, or things that were good for a laugh playing Dirty Santa. :)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? What is not to like??? I love appetizer type foods.

16. Lights on the tree? Of course! This year we have blue lights on our tree.

17. Favorite Christmas song?I love The First Noel, and Silent Night.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Travel, but always home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a Santa Claus this year, usually nothing.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas Eve at my mom's (which is SO WRONG!), Christmas morning we open gifts, then we spend the day running to all the other places. We have a very busy few days.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The stress that is so unneccesary, when the important thing is remembering the true reason and being with family and loved ones.

23. What theme or color are you using? Blue and Lime Green with Silver

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? anything.

25.What do you want for Christmas this year? Just to spend another year with my family.

3 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

Oh I am a terrible wrapper too but I try..... ha I sure wish everyone offered wrapping with stuff. :-) Hope things are great in the new house! The decorations and colors sound beautiful.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I hope I get to see you while on your travels to TN!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas! You must be very busy, what with moving into your home and all that comes with that. I hope it's going well for you all, and that you enjoy the festive season. Great, fun list. I feel the same way about Egg Nog!!!Eee-yew! Come on over to my blog and enter the Australia Day comp when you get a chance. God bless!