Thursday, December 4, 2008

Moving forward and Upward...

The kids started their Upward Basketball and Cheerleading this week. Scarlett was SO excited! Of course once we walked in the doors that was a whole other story. She cried or just a minute but once she realized I was going to be sitting right there and watching her the whole time she relaxed and practiced with the girls. They were so cute and Scarlett actually had quite a loud voice! Imagine that.. my child with a loud voice, hmm, I don't know where she gets it. Ethan has his first basketball practice tonight and he is excited. At least I have had a whole month off from Taxi duty. I am so glad my kids are able to and want to play sports but occasionally it gets a little crazy around here.
Last night Scarlett got out of the bathtub and came into the kitchen like this:
You think maybe she has seen her mommy does this just a few times! We curled up on the couch in our warm comfy robes and watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. What fun on a cold night! There is so much fun stuff to do here in December. I was just flipping through the family magazine trying to figure out what we had time to do or at least what I could squeeze in between everything else going on.

You know I mentioned we are getting the kids a puppy for Christmas. On Thanksgiving day when the Dog Show came on TV, I find Scarlett in her daddy's arms crying that she just wants a puppy so bad! I, of course, tell her to ask Santa for a puppy and that seemed to pacify her at that time. Yesterday she came to me and was again almost in tears. She told me that if she just told Santa she wanted a puppy he wouldn't bring it and I asked "Why" she thought that. She told me she knew Santa couldn't make a puppy since it wasn't a toy so she knew he wouldn't bring it to her! I had to do some quick thinking and come up with a way that Santa could bring her a puppy!

"Flellie" our elf is doing good. He landed in the bathroom yesterday and Ethan came to me and said that "he was sorry to tell me.. but the elf was going to have to watch me pee!". Ha! I guess I should have thought that one through better! But "Flellie" is doing a great job at watching over our kids. Scarlett even made up a song called "No whining, Its Christmas". It goes on and on about how she has to be thankful and can't whine about not getting something. Great song! Hopefully I can use it in January, February, March...

That is it for our exciting week! We are off to Home Depot for one of the last times this year! YEAH!!! Not that 2009 won't be filled with many more trips, but I will be done for this year.

Have a great day!

1 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am laughing hysterically at Ethan's comment about the elf...LOL!

You MUST get pics when the kiddos get their puppy ;)!