Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"How Come..."

Last night while trying to go to bed and go to sleep my sweet little four year old.. soon to be five (OUCH!) wanted to know "how come?". She did not ask "WHY?" like most kids her questions were "How come?". I answered about fifty "how comes" before I finally insisted that we MUST go to sleep! You see hubby and I have given up the fight of getting the kids into their own bed. Mind you , we tried, we have tried for years! We had Scarlett in her bed and then at two years old it is like she woke up and realized Ethan was in bed with us, why shouldn't she bed and the madness began! A lot of nights, I sleep with Scarlett and hubby will sleep with Ethan.. not quite the best idea but it beats a lot of bedtime drama.

But last night, I was tired and ready to go to sleep, I had heard for two hours how tired Scarlett was.. but once we were in bed.. she talked! and talked! and talked!

Here just a few of the questions:

"How come Spongebog is yellow and Patrick is pink?"
"How come when it rains there is thunder?"
"How come you like to listen to music?"

and there were several more! Finally she decided it was enough and then she sang! She sang everything from Hannah Montana and Alicia Keys and at this point I figured why fight it I sang along! We sang for a while and then she wanted to hear "her song". I made up silly little songs that I used to sing to both of them when they were babies. Ethan has "his song" and she has hers! Both of them are quite silly, and just something that came to mind while I was holding them and USED to make me cry everytime I tried to sing it to them.. guess what?? Nothing has changed. It's almost eleven, I am singing in the bed with my four year old and CRYING. Quietly crying, but so sad that so much time has gone by and it is going by SO QUICKLY!
I guess she could tell and she took my hand and told me that "she would always be there to hold my hand" and with that she rolled over and went to sleep.

Thank you, GOD! For my beautiful children. I am so blessed!

PS: Ethan had his first baseball game! As soon as I figure out how to post video.. I am going to post the video of his first hit. He scored the first RBI of the season! YEAH! I am a total sports momma! I was so proud of him!

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

That is so sweet. I have no idea what an RBI is, but I'm glad Ethan did it. That's awesome! You guys are going to have so much fun with baseball because I know what a nut you are for it!