Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ethan First "At Bat" as a Texas Ranger

As promised here is the video from Ethan's first at bat. It is a two minute video but the last 10 seconds is the "HOORAY"! That is when he HIT the ball! We were so proud of him! This is his first year playing ball and although we knew he understood the mechanics of baseball, getting on the field and watching the ball in order to hit the ball is two totally different things. He has a great stance i.e., his elbow is up, knees apart, and watch the foot turn! WHEW! When he does get a hold of the ball it is going to soar! I know I am a total nerd when it comes to my kids playing sports. I just LOVE it and baseball is my favorite! Too bad Ethan is not a BRAVE, but Texas Rangers are OK. How cute does he look in that uniform???! He is getting so big! Of course the red cleats were his idea, I tried to explain the he was a blue team, with blue pieces, but no go he wanted red cleats and they actually look kinda cute. I am team mom and had to stay in the dug out and keep the boys under control! What a job that is!!! Ever try to keep 13 five and six year old boys in a 10x5 hole???? That is not easy! Hubby and my mom were operating the camera and the video. That is a proud Nana you hear at the end of the video exclaming "First RBI of the year!".. and RBI means a "run batted in".. so his hit scored the first run of the season. Which is something to be proud of. I can't wait until next Monday when we have our second game. It should be FUN!

I, in my old age, am going to go after playing yet another year! I figure if my mom could still be playing, why shouldn't I? I enjoy playing so much and was afraid that with the kids involved in so much I wouldn't be able to play but I think we as a family can make it work out. My mom is the pitcher and I play second base on our church softball team.. so nothing wild and crazy just a bunch of Christians trying to display a Godly attitude even in losing. I figure since I am still learning that lesson.. maybe I should play another year!

Have a great evening! Hopefully AI will not kick anybody off tonight since it is the week of giving but if they do I am prepared! :) All of you AI nuts? Ever go to http://www.dialidol.com/? It gives you an idea of who might be kicked off.. according to them it is Carly. We shall see! :)

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so glad I now know what an RBI is! He does look so cute and I think he was right in getting the red cleats. He looks so little out there but he's big, too. Does that make sense? I'm so glad you shared it. Derek watched his hit twice. You'll have to tell Ethan that! :)