Monday, February 1, 2010

It's a Snow Day! It's a Fun Day!

This past weekend we had Arkansas' version of winter weather. Definitely not a lot of snow, more ice and sleet but just as much fun to play in outside! Jack was off work so we were so excited to get out with the kids and get the sled going. Ethan kept saying "This isn't a snow day, its a fun day!". So, it officially became known as a Cash Family Fun Day!
We sled over hills, through ditches, down piles of rocks, and even on the flat street. Scarlett would run and dive on the sled and go flying down the road. We tried pushing them a few times, but after Jack fell twice we thought we might be pushing OUR luck. I even got on the sled a couple of times. Hubby was not allowed to take pictures of that. I forgot just how much fun sledding was! We told the kids story of our glory days of late night sledding.. which only made them think we were going back out into the snow after dark. They were disappointed to hear that it was not happening.



When we finally walked back home Gizmo was waiting patiently in the window. He was so mad that we did not take him with us, but we were afraid it would get way too cold for him. Not like he is a dog or anything! ha! Once Jack got back in his recliner Gizmo quickly got in his spot to settle down for a winter nap. Giz is so funny! He waits at the foot of the recliner until Jack props up his feet and then he jumps right up there and lays down. Nightly this is his routine. Such a spoiled dog! Saturday was filled with more of the same. We headed back out after lunch to do a little more sledding, made a few snow angels, and I even introduced the kids to snow ice cream! I remember my mom making this for me when I was little, we loved it! My kids did too!
Such a perfect weekend! I am so blessed with a wonderfully fun family! Ethan told us Saturday night that "it was his best weekend ever"... as parents I don't think there is anything we enjoy hearing more!

2 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

Yea!!! You're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA So much fun. I am glad you guys had such a great time. I love love the photos.

Leigh Ann said...

Oh my word! You are BACK?! I'm so excited. I love all the snow pics. Looks like you had a fabulous time in the snow (ice)! Yay!