Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Evaluating and Examining

"There is always room for improvement... you know, Its the biggest room in the house." So after reading this I decided to take stock in what I could begin improving in my own life and my surroundings. When you actually sit and take stock in everything you realize while you think you have it really good.. there is SO much room for improvement. Makes me wonder just how good life could be when lessons learned are actually applied. I decided to do a "Life Hack". Hack into my life and make improvements. I actually found website called http://www.lifehack.org/ and one of their post was 60 small ways to improve your life in the next 100 days. One of the things on the list was to write down 5-10 things your are grateful for, every day.

Developing an attitude of gratitude can only bring happiness. Learning to see the good, instead of the negative around you will only make you smile. One of my favorite books, that I often go to when I need a reminder of how good my life really is, is Something More by Sarah Ban Breathnach, in the book she states:

"Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives, but are grateful for the abundance that is present... love, health, family, friends, the joy of personal pursuits...the wasteland of illusion falls way and we experience Heaven on Earth. "

Today I am going to accept where I am at, and celebrate the positives and the gifts. I am going to be grateful for my amazing family, my wonderful true friends, the health of my loved ones, the ordinary things that mean I have one more day here with my family, the joys of being a mom. I am going to sit back take it all in and enjoy this ordinary Friday and know that I am truly blessed. So much good exists in my life, in every part of my being that today I am going to offer the gift of a grateful heart.

"Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart."

0 comments: